As you can see below, I could hardly contain my excitement last week as we drove into Positano. I had long been dreaming of visiting Italy and we planned the perfect combination of adventure in Rome with relaxation on the Amalfi Coast. I recapped with a list of 6 things not to be missed on the Amalfi Coast and now, the packing list.
We went at the end of April which I would highly recommend – it’s just before the busy season so we enjoyed very little crowds and perfect weather, 70s and sunny during the day and a little cooler in the mornings and evenings. So I ditched my typical uniform of head-to-toe black in favor of colorful skirts, versatile layers and strategic accessories.
1. A sun hat with a wide brim to keep the UV rays away on the Amalfi Coast. This one is crushable so I had no qualms about stuffing it into my suitcase.
2. My leather jacket was the perfect layer for the plane, driving between cities and dinners once the sun went down.
3. I kept this modal scarf with me nearly everywhere I went in case it got a little cool. It was especially perfect to drape over my bare shoulders when we visited churches in Rome.
4. Bodysuits and printed skirts were the easiest combination for mixing and matching to make the most of suitcase space. A couple of dresses, too, because they’re the simplest one-and-done approach to outfits.
6. I wore this crochet-knit sweater was the day we took a boat out. It was a little cool in the morning and this was the perfect layer over my bikini until the sun came out.
7. A full bottle of sunscreen. After my shoulders got a bit red the first day, I kept it in my bag to reapply diligently. This formula absorbs quickly and smells divine but not overpoweringly so.
8. My small straw bag was the perfect size for what I needed and nothing more. I’ll often fill up the space I have so carrying a smaller bag kept me from being weighed down. It also snapped shut which appeased everyone who warned me of pickpockets.